• The UK Premiere of the opera 'El Gato con Botas' recently took place at the Linbury Studio Theatre, Royal Opera House (16-18th October). I was fortunate enough to be involved in this as the orchestral pianist with the wonderful Southbank Sinfonia, conducted by Paul Wingfield.
• I will be performing Mozart's Piano Concerto No. 23 in A major (K488) in Dorset this December, accompanied by members of the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra. More information to follow!
|"[Helen] opens the recital with a perky rendition of Scarlatti's Sonata in B Minor. Nicholas negotiates the numerous and demanding hand-crossings with athletic poise."
– Chris Kerr, A Younger Theatre, October 2013
"Mezzo soprano Hanna Hipp was joined on stage by pianist Helen Nicholas to deliver a strong and impassioned account of Mozart's concert aria Ch'io mi scordi di te."
– Keith McDonnell, Whats On Stage, July 2013
"A sparkling and shapely rendition."
– Colin Anderson, Classical Source, June 2013
Please see my concerts page for a full list of concerts and have a listen to my recordings. Follow me on twitter @nicholas_helen or via my accompanist profile.
Copyright © 2013 Helen Nicholas